Pocket Full of Posies Dress!

What to do with all those cute little pairs of jeans that your kids have grown out of? Put them on a little dress, of course! I've been meaning to try this for so long, and I'm glad I finally did! Cute, cute!

Start with a somewhat plain dress (I opted to just make mine, on a whim!)....
Cut your little pockets out...
Cut out some fun little felt flower shapes...
Lay it all out, and mark where you want the "stems"....
Sew an embroidery stitch (I think that's what it's called...you know, the zig-zag where the stitches are really close together.) on the marked lines....
Hand stitch your pockets and flowers on. You can also do this on your machine, if it can handle the thick denim (and if you want to mess with changing the thread color for every pocket!)!
Last step: admire the cuteness!!

I have to say, the last thing I notice in these pictures is the dress :o)



It would be cute to use big-people pockets, too! You could use them for all sorts of things!










Comments

  1. Soo much fun!!! This is going on my list! Thanks for the idea! Love you blog! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Disney! This is too cute for words! Your little one obviously loves her pretty dress =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I can't believe how cute this is? Where do you get all of your ideas, or are you just naturally creative?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cute! It's even cuter once you see it on her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute dress and a cute little girl! love what you layered it with - and those shoes! how sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your site via craftig. I love it! This is such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suas ideias são muito interessantes!
    Sucesso!
    Chirley Maria, Betim MG- Brasil

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the cutest dress EVER! It makes me wish I sould sew! My three girls would go crazy over something like this. Maybe I can find a simple dress and sew on pockets. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a really cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a cute and unique dress ever! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a great idea! I hope I can slow down enough to make that for my daughter!
    -Debbie
    www.beautifulhandmadebyme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This is SO cute!! I posted a link to your tutorial on Craft Gossip Sewing:
    http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-pocket-full-of-posies-dress/2009/10/11/

    --Anne

    ReplyDelete
  13. The girl is adorable (!!) and the dress is very cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely adorable. I love seeing how other people come up with ways to use "old" stuff. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Makes me want to be a little girl again just so I can wear it! You did a very good job both on the tutorial and the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want one for myself!!! What a great idea, I love the variety of pocket shapes and textures, and your daughter looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. O really..the dress was the last thing to notice compared to the pictures of your beautiful daughter and you should let us know how to sew that dress too...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. She is adorable and you are SUPER talented!

    ReplyDelete
  19. COULD U GIVE US A TUTORIAL OF HOW TO MAKE THE DRESS

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would love a tut for the dress!!! Or at least what (if any) pattern you used!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I just love finding them! Comments on older posts are moderated, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, it will soon! :o)